Downey Unified School District
Inter-District Permit Application Information &
Intra-District Open Enrollment Permit Application Information
- Available school and classroom space per District determination.
- Approval of principal of school requested.
- Available resources of the District.
- The student must have a 2.5 GPA (C+ average) or better, with good attendance, and good behavior.
- Students receiving Special Education services must provide the most recent IEP to the Special Education Office located at 11627 Brookshire Ave.
Intra-District Open Enrollment Permit (For DUSD residents only)
Students who reside within the DUSD boundaries may apply to attend another school within DUSD by completing an application for an Intra-District Open Enrollment Permit.
The Intra-District Open Enrollment application can only be submitted from February 19, 2019 through March 19, 2019 during the open enrollment period.
Inter-District Permit (To enroll in a DUSD school if you live in another district)
A permit from another school district to attend a school in DUSD shall be approved by the principal of the receiving school and reviewed annually. Permits must be issued from the district of residence and will be placed on file with the Director of Student Services of the Downey Unified School District.
For current year applications, the District or school will notify parents of its final decision within 30 calendar days from the date the request was received. For future year request a final decision will be made as soon as possible; but no later than 14 calendar days after the beginning of instruction in which the Inter-district transfer is being requested.
Please note that any permit may be revoked by the District and the student returns to their school or district of residence due to excessive enrollment at the chosen school, unsatisfactory attendance, unsatisfactory behavior or unsatisfactory grades.