College and Career Calendar
[iframe src=”https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?showTitle=0&height=400&wkst=2&bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&src=dusd.net_e84mdqa6c1gljaa03327lmu3t0%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%232F6309&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles” style=” border-width:0 ” width=”675″ height=”400″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”]
Career Specialists may assist your student with individual College and Career planning on a one-on-one basis. Parents are strongly encouraged to schedule an appointment.
|Career Tech||E-mail Address||Phone Ext|
|Mrs. Tina Camposfirstname.lastname@example.org||5546|
|Mrs. Maria Lopezemail@example.com||5514|
|Ms. Lori Romanfirstname.lastname@example.org||5591|
Location: Room A-201 (right next to the Annex upstairs)
- Scholarships: Current list of national based scholarships are available in the Career Center. Note: Not to be confused with the Local scholarship-this has its own application/webpage
- College Entrance exams: SAT, ACT, and PSAT
- Monthly College/University visits Downey HS to answer questions regarding admissions etc…
- One-on-One Advisement regarding the College application process.
- FAFSA information and important dates to apply for financial aid.
- Eureka: Computerized guidance database to match skills to Career options and to complete Career Assessments and Career Exploration Projects packets.
- Naviance is a Career planning website personalized to each student at Downey HS, providing Career Planning, Assessments, College searches and Comparisons. College alert system to notify students of colleges matching their interests visiting DHS.
- ASVAB Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery-detail career assessment sponsored by the military usually administer each year on campus.
- CTE class information on how to register for CTE classes and so much more!
- Work Permits available upon requests to our students ages 13-17
College and Career News
- MADE Work Experience Program
- Open to ALL 11th graders
- Gain real-world experience
- Learn to create an effective Resume and Cover Letter
- Network with industry professionals
- PAID SUMMER INTERNSHIPS!
- Student Orientation, Weds, October 26, DURING BOTH LUNCHES IN THE LIBRARY
- Tues, Nov 15 After School in the Library Workshop#1 Topic: Self Discovery
- Tues, Dec 13 After School in the Library Workshop #2 Topic: Building Your Brand & Made Application Due
- Tues, Jan 17 After School in the Library Workshop #3 Topic: Becoming A Young Professional
- Tues, Feb 14 After School in the Library Workshop #4 Topic: TBA
- Tues, March 14 After School in the Library Workshop #5 Topic: NETworking the ROOM
- Tues, April 11 After School in the Library Workshop #6 Topic: Mastering the Interview
- May/June 16th After School in the Library Workshop #7 Topic: Parent & Student Orientation
- June After School in the Library Workshop #8 Topic: Employer Interviews
- June-August Six-week Work Experience
- July Summer Workshops
- August Program Culmination
Parents and students please view the events calendar on our webpage for the many College and University visits at Downey HS on a monthly basis! Stop by the College Career Ctr. A201 for an updated calendar of events. We hope to see you at the many college presentations happening here at Downey High! Topics will include application/admissions process, financial aid, athletics and personal statement Q’s and so much more. You can have your college Q’s answered by a college admissions counselor from the college of your dreams-hope you will plan to join us!