DOTY MIDDLE SCHOOL
“Developing Opportunities for Today’s Youth”
Developing Opportunities for Today’s Youth through building
strong foundations for success in high school, college, and life.
Doty Middle School is dedicated to improvement. Our motto, “Developing Opportunities for Today’s Youth,” illustrates our commitment to refine, enhance, and advance in every area of our school. Doty Middle School staff, students and parents strive to develop and sustain a school and school culture characterized by the following:
- A learning environment that is safe, orderly, clean, and well maintained.
- Facilities, materials, and technology that are up-to-date.
- Collaboration and support from parents and community that is promoted, highly valued, and pervasive.
- Curriculum that is rigorous, aligned with State Standards, and marked by high academic expectations.
- Instruction that is creative, enthusiastic, and student-centered.
- A collegiality among faculty and staff united in their support of student achievement.
- Personal integrity, good character, and upright conduct that is promoted, evidenced, and expected of all.
- Curricular and extra-curricular activities that are comprehensive in focus to develop the “whole child.”
- Administration that is supportive, motivational, consistent, trustworthy, and a role model for others.
- Students that promote from Doty Middle School are well prepared academically and otherwise for high school and life.
SCHOOL-WIDE INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS ON CRITICAL READING
Doty Middle School’s instructional focus is a school-wide, collaborative effort to have all DMS students read critically and show growth in their ability to comprehend rigorous text and graphics. Students will use reasoning and evidence collection skills that are essential for success in college, career, and life. Annotation and Citing Evidence will be our first and best instructional practices utilized in all classes to assist in improving our students’ ability to read critically. We will measure student growth through state-wide tests and a variety of site-based assessments school-wide.